So what is this?

Welcome to Seven Moms. We are seven friends that regularly share our life stress and chaos, prayer requests, and general vent-type stuff with each other. One friend said, "Hey, I think we have a bunch of wisdom that we can share with other people. Why don't we start a blog?"

We write just once a month, all on the same topic, and no one sees the others' blog posts until they are posted here, to remove that awful comparison monster and to let the Holy Spirit do His thing. Some months we only have five posts, some we have all seven. But in the midst of life, sometimes posts don't get written. And if we are one thing, we are real.

So here we are. We don't have all the answers, but we do love people and Jesus with pretty much all we have. Enjoy our blogs and let us know what you think, either by leaving a comment or emailing us at sevenmomsblog@gmail.com. Thanks!

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Transformation --Yvonne

Transformation: an act, process, or instance of transforming or being transformed.
Synonyms: metamorphosis, transfiguration, conversion
Metamorphosis: a major change in the appearance or character or someone or something.



Spring is in the air here in sunny Florida! I hear the birds singing. I see new blooms appearing as creation is awakening from winter. I've seen several butterflies. Out of all the springtime insects and creatures I am blessed to see, it's the butterflies that intrigue me so. They are so beautiful and delicate. But yet the beautiful butterfly didn't start off that way. No, it started out unattractive. I mean caterpillars just don't do that much for me.

Several years ago, when I homeschooled my children, we bought larvae. It was such fun to watch the process of the larvae going through the process to become a beautiful butterfly!
I remember my daughter asking what was going on in the cocoon. That was a good question especially for a little girl who was anxiously watching this transformation from the outside.
What's really going on in there? Can we trust the process? Will we really get a butterfly from each cocoon?

I don't know about you, but it's hard for me to trust the process of transformation! I'm looking from the outside thinking I don't really see anything changing! I want to know what's going on in there! Do you ever feel that way too? Maybe it's a child going through a difficult struggle and you wonder what in the world is going on in there! Will this turn out good? Maybe it's your spouse who seems to be in a cocoon and he hasn't invited you in with him. You wonder what's going on in there, is God working, is this season of change going to end up pretty? Maybe you are going through a lifestyle change, empty nest, retiring, or choosing to stay at home and you wonder what this change in your life will look like. Can you trust God with the process?

I want to tell you that if you love Jesus, all things work together for the good! It may not look good or feel good when you're  in the process, but hold tight to Jesus and His promises, before you know it you may have a beautiful butterfly!

I don't want to give false hope that everything we go through turns out pretty, that's just not the case! But God can bring good out of it even though you may never see what that good was. The butterflies we saw emerge from those cocoons on our back porch all looked different. One was huge! One was so scrawny, not well developed. Most were averaged sized. One died right away and the others died within a week. We were a little let down that the butterflies didn't last long. It seemed as though most of their life was spent in that cocoon, the transformation process. I feel the same way! Most of my life has been in the process of transformation, change. But isn't that the way it's suppose to be. We are transforming from glory to glory and one day we will go on to Glory! I pray that my "butterfly" experience is longer than a day or week! My prayer is that others can see the beauty of what God has been doing in me during the "cocoon" times. Maybe today is your day to burst out of the cocoon and display His glory in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment