So what is this?

Welcome to Seven Moms. We are seven friends that regularly share our life stress and chaos, prayer requests, and general vent-type stuff with each other. One friend said, "Hey, I think we have a bunch of wisdom that we can share with other people. Why don't we start a blog?"

We write just once a month, all on the same topic, and no one sees the others' blog posts until they are posted here, to remove that awful comparison monster and to let the Holy Spirit do His thing. Some months we only have five posts, some we have all seven. But in the midst of life, sometimes posts don't get written. And if we are one thing, we are real.

So here we are. We don't have all the answers, but we do love people and Jesus with pretty much all we have. Enjoy our blogs and let us know what you think, either by leaving a comment or emailing us at sevenmomsblog@gmail.com. Thanks!

Monday, May 12, 2014

Terri - my favorite verse

There are a few go-to verses I have, but there is one that stands out as my number one verse.  When I am unsure; when I am clueless; when I am at the end of my rope-- there is one verse that I bring to mind.


But before I tell you what it is, let me add an illustration:
I hope that i am the only person that does this, but assuming I"m not and that other people have had this experience, I'll share it with you.  I am a driving makeup artist.  I apply makeup as I drive, usually to work.  Yeah, that's me.  The one people make fun of, the one that men love to talk about as poor drivers.  Most of the time I get it done at stoplights, because I have timed the stoplights on my commute.  I can put on base at the two-minute light and I have a mascara light that is just a little longer.  (I can't get rushed or I mess up.)

But the every now and then that I am actually driving, I do tend to sometimes veer towards one side of the lane or another.  When that happens, it's scary enough for me to stop being Molly Makeup and just drive.

And my verse is kind of like that.
When I am leaning towards making my own decisions on my own wisdom, I am veering out of God's plan and I desperately need to stop being Bad Decision Beulah and straighten up.  So I use Proverbs 3:5-7 to help me out.

It says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean NOT into your own understanding; In all your ways, submit to Him and He will make your paths straight."  But don't forget verse 7!!! "Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil."

This reminds me that yes, I am one of those that likes to do it my way, but God's way is so much better, and just the act of submitting to God's will is what He wants us to do.  After all of my experiences, I have learned that God's way is so much better, in countless and indescribable ways.

So go make some good decisions.


No comments:

Post a Comment