So what is this?

Welcome to Seven Moms. We are seven friends that regularly share our life stress and chaos, prayer requests, and general vent-type stuff with each other. One friend said, "Hey, I think we have a bunch of wisdom that we can share with other people. Why don't we start a blog?"

We write just once a month, all on the same topic, and no one sees the others' blog posts until they are posted here, to remove that awful comparison monster and to let the Holy Spirit do His thing. Some months we only have five posts, some we have all seven. But in the midst of life, sometimes posts don't get written. And if we are one thing, we are real.

So here we are. We don't have all the answers, but we do love people and Jesus with pretty much all we have. Enjoy our blogs and let us know what you think, either by leaving a comment or emailing us at sevenmomsblog@gmail.com. Thanks!

Monday, May 12, 2014

Yvonne - my favorite verse

John 3:16 is the most well known verse in the Bible. It truly sums up the message of the Bible too. 
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Those words are so powerful! They change lives! Those words have changed my life forever!
To know that God loves me....He really loves me!!!
The magnitude of His love is like none I've ever seen or experienced. It's amazing! No one can come close to imitating that love and yet we try. 
In that verse we see that we should perish but if we believe in Jesus we will not perish but be given eternal life! All we have to do is believe! The offer is scandalous! It just doesn't seem real! This verse makes me think of my favorite hymn, Amazing Grace.
Multiple musical notesAmazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me

I once was lost but now I'm found 

Was blind but now I seeMultiple musical notes

The verse and the hymn sum of Christmas and Easter, love and grace! Neither deserved but both given freely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment